11007NAT Diploma of Environmental Management
The 11007NAT Diploma of Environmental Management gives HSE Officers and Managers the practical skills, knowledge and confidence to manage their environmental responsibilities.
With our Nationally Recognised 11007NAT Diploma of Environmental Management you can:
- Improve environmental performance and apply correct policies and procedures
- Gain hands-on experience and practical management skills
- Avoid penalties with relevant up-to-date legislative knowledge
- Confidently complete environmental risk assessments
- Implement environmental management systems and plans
- Effectively manage and minimise emissions, waste, and stormwater
- Feel secure knowing that you are fulfilling your environmental responsibilities
- Correctly manage environmental incidents and hazards
- Introduce sustainable work practices by minimising environmental impacts
Objectives and Outcomes
The functions, duties and specialist skills provided by the course include:
- Implementing environmental plans and procedures to minimise the environmental impact of work activities and ensure legislative compliance, including identifying issues, risks, incidents and applying procedures to control and minimise their impact.
- Co-ordinating environmental management activities at a site or project to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, permits or licenses, by interpreting environmental management policies, plans and procedures to personnel and apply them to a wide range of activities.
- Conducting environmental audits in accordance with relevant environmental protection regulatory requirements, standards, codes of practice and workplace procedures.
- Implement and manage environmental policies by consulting with stakeholders, interpreting complex information and maintaining environmental records.
- Interpreting and applying relevant environmental legislation, codes and standards to activities associated with a work area, site or project.
- Presenting and negotiating persuasively, lead and participate in meetings and make presentations to key stakeholders.
- Undertaking minor environmental projects including developing a project plan, administering and monitoring the project, finalising and reviewing the project to identify lessons learnt for future projects.
- Analysing and implementing improvements to the environmental sustainability of work practices and monitor their effectiveness.
- Introduction to Environmental Issues
- Environmental Management in the 21st Century
- Resource Management
- Environmental Legislation
- Soil Surface Management
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Risk Assessment and Environmental Performance
- More Management Tools
Who Should Attend this course?
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge, and skills to perform the functions associated with environmental management for job roles including
- HSE Officer
- HSE Advisor
- HSE Co-ordinator
- HSE Manager
- Site Environmental Manager
- Environmental Systems Manager
Nationally Recognised Course
There are no specific entry requirements for the 11007NAT Diploma of Environmental Management.
Absorb recommends that students should have:
- vocational experience in a work environment in supervisor or on site manager role
- access to environmental work practices, with an appropriate level of work based projects (as required to demonstrate competency in the units undertaken)
- high level language, literacy and interpersonal skills – sufficient to interpret complex documents and legislation and prepare and present/communicate written reports, policies, procedures and strategies
- computer literacy skills for research and preparation of documentation have computer literacy skills for research and preparation of documentation
Prospective learners must have access to environmental work practices, with an appropriate level of work based projects (as required to demonstrate competency in the units undertaken)
This course is delivered over 6 consecutive days (Wednesday – Wednesday) in 5hr Virtual Classroom sessions.
A series of short answer assessment tasks are required to be completed between the classroom sessions and a presentation assessment task is completed two weeks after. A work related major assignment is required for completion of the Qualification. The Major Assignment is expected to be completed 6-12 months after the completion of the face to face or virtual classroom component of the course. The assessment tasks in the major assignment are designed to be submitted progressively and as each section is submitted, the student will be assessed for competence for that task.
Virtual Classroom Access
The course will be delivered via the Zoom video conference platform. Zoom can be accessed by any device with reliable Internet connectivity and a web browser, including a desktop computer, laptops, tablet or phone.
Pre Reading material will be posted out prior to the start of the course.
$4,900.00 per person
This course is GST Free
This course is delivered in partnership with Absorb Training which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Our registration code is 110032. More details are online at http://training.gov.au/Organisation/Details/110032